1. To appoint for the pda-version different “main” page (homepage).
2. Set up display of a template:
- There are 6 positions in template
- It is possible to change names of positions from mambot settings
- To output pathway or not (or to don’t output only on “main” page)
- To call mosMainbody on the “main” page or not (i.e. to output the “main” page completely or to keep modules only)
3. A capability to transform page to the utf-8 encoding (for it the library iconv is necessary).
4. Completely set up head-part of the page:
- Joomla’s standard or simplified head block
- A capability to embed styles in the page instead of using separate file
- Set up of xml-head and doctype-head
5. A choice of content-type heading: text/html or text/xhtml.
Archive for June, 2007
There was a failure on a server therefore a site some days did not work. Now the site functions normally.
Working on a site often there is a problem to limit length of pathway or heading of article since very long text can corrupt design of page. Usually when the text turns out too long, that does not get into one line, and it is carry over to the next line. However, for some reason very few people knows, that it is possible to tune up CSS so that the long text was cut off till the certain length, and in the end was ellipsis. For this purpose it is enough to prescribe in style (an example for pathway):
Now I write version 2.0 of the pda-mambot-and-template. In the new version a plenty of options of the mambot which will make use of the mambot more convenient and adjusted is expected. If you have any offers in this connection write them in comments to this post.
Through some time the beta-version will be available to testing.
Let’s install Joomla! 1.0.12 on a server and set in Back End:
Administration / Site / Global Configuration / Site / Debug site: Yes
Then we save changes and leave from Back End. Now we come on a site. Result—36 queries to a database.
Now we switch on caching in Back End:
Administration / Site / Global Configuration / Cache / Caching: Yes
We come on a site and press “Update” in a browser, to check up, whether the number of queries has decreased. Result—33 queries to a database. Not much better.
In some cases, using the mambot you can have problems with display of links on page (from the main domain there can be a link to a pda, and vice versa). It is connected with not absolutely correct work of joomla’s system of caching which does not know, that a site can be visited from different addresses.
Markdown is a text-to-HTML conversion tool for web writers. Markdown allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML). “Markdown” is two things: a plain text markup syntax, and a software tool that converts the plain text markup to HTML. Full documentation of Markdown’s syntax is available on John’s Markdown page.