I suggest to discuss prospects of further development of PDA-mambot/plugin.
I have following ideas:
- Definition of browser type with the aid of WURFL library (it will be released in forthcoming version 2.2).
- Support of three separate templates for wap, i-mode and wap2/xhtml mobile browsers.
- Redirect to a corresponding subdomain for mobile devices.
- Opportunity in template parameters to specify a logo and a slogan of a site.
- Opportunity to view the mobile version of a site through a virtual directory (i.e. through http://site.com/pda/; it is useful if creation of a subdomain is impossible for any reason).
- For Joomla!1.0 - additional postprocessing of generated pages. Probably, to add caching results of postprocessing.
- For Joomla!1.5 - to include in a template(s) the changed layout of standard components and modules (that basically is impossible in Joomla!1.0).
- A script for check of updates which can be started on the schedule (through cron, for example).
- Also it would be quite good to reduce in passing big images that they don’t exceed the size of the mobile screen. But I do not know yet how to make it.
I wait impatiently for your suggestions, comments, help in realization etc.